WHO WE ARE
We are the New Zealand member organisation of Social Value International, a global network who set best practice standards for Social Value, Social Return on Investment and Impact Accounting.
Our mission is to change the way society accounts for value.
Director for Social Value Aotearoa welcomes you to our network and our website.
We are a member-led professional network for those who want to inspire change through social accounting, measuring impact and social value.
What we do:
In order to change the way society accounts for value we follow four strategic pillars:
- Drive systems change
- Build capability for innovation
- Create the space for change
- Build new solutions
We coordinate a range of activities in line with these strategic goals:
- We run regular Social Return on Investment (SROI) training as well as other skills labs and workshops
- We bring together NZ’s social value community with regular networking events
- We host and speak at conferences and events
- We publish about best practice social value methods and activities
- We create tools and resources to up-skill our members
- We advocate for social impact accounting to become a core part of the way society accounts for value
Our 7 Principles
We are guided by the following principles of Social Value:
Understand what changes.
Value the outcomes that matter.
Only include what is material.
Do not over-claim.
Verify the result.